Terms and Conditions
These conditions explain the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of all parties to this Agreement.
ESTIMATED COST OF SERVICES
The Customer agrees that the move estimate is non-binding and the actual move costs are based on actual time spent conducting the move including all destination travel fees.
- Payment by customers that do not have an account with Royal Vision Moving are due immediately after work completion and must be in form of cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, or Amex
- All checks returned to Royal Vision Moving Inc for non-payment shall be subject to a return check charge of $35.00.
- If Royal Vision Moving Inc must retain legal counsel to collect payment, the customer shall be responsible for any costs, expense and/or legal fees incurred.
- Royal Vision Moving Inc has the right to collect for any unpaid balances from the source used during account creation or deposit.
- Unless credit account has been established with Royal Vision Moving Inc prior to move date, the customer agrees that if they do not pay the entire move bill within 15 days from the date invoice issued, finance charge of 0.1% per day will apply to all overdue invoices
Royal Vision Moving Inc shall not be liable for delay caused by unforeseen situations. Delays in loading and/or unloading beyond the time period determined during the original estimate, such time to be charged to the customer at regular tariff rates. Royal Vision Moving Inc will provide to the customer and/or the consignee adequate information regarding any anticipated delays. The customer and consignee agree to acknowledge the delays and any additional costs incurred.
MOST COMMON UNFORESSEN DELAYS
- Moving furniture that are not related to the delivery
- Customer not home
- Service elevator not booked
- Property not accessible, one way street, no parking
- Product doesn’t fit – disassembly & assembly required
- Wrong address provided
- New addresses that do not exist on google
- Shipper not releasing product due to C.O.D not paid by the customer
- Packing services for fragile items not packed prior to the move. (glass, mirrors, art, lamps, loose items, etc.)
- General disassembly & assembly services
- Security clearance and double elevators in condominiums
- Large items that need more then 2 men to handle
- responsible for ensuring that they have full title and ownership of all items which are specified by the Customer to the Company to be moved;
- packing their possessions into appropriate boxes or other containers, unless the Customer purchases packing services from the Company;
- keeping always in your possession and control all money, jewellery, or other valuables prior to the arrival of the Company;
- allowing the Company’s movers to perform their work without any Customer interference or participation;
- ensuring that all driveways, roads, and paths are unobstructed leading from and to the origin and destination addresses in such a way that allows the moving truck to access the addresses, and providing such further or other facilities as may be required (EX: following condominium or apartment policies and by-laws, booking elevators, etc.)
- informing the Company of any items which require special attention or are of an unusual size or weight including items too large to fit through stairways or doorways;
- inspecting the Customer’s origin address and verifying that there are no items expected to be moved left behind and that and that items were not damaged
- Any parking fees or charges that we must incur and pay to carry out the services you require. In all these circumstances, you will be responsible for the extra charges
- Clear driveways or other access areas (at either pick up or delivery address) from snow or ice or other materials.
The Customer agrees to limit the Company’s liability for damages, costs, and expenses, regardless of cause, so that the Company’s total liability shall not exceed the total amount paid for services under this Agreement or $0.60/lb, whichever is greater.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
In no event, shall the Company be liable to the Customer for the following, which shall be entirely at the Customer’s own risk:
- any damage or defect which is pre-existing to the Job;
- all damage caused by or due to any of the following:
- any kind of interference or participation of the Customer or any other person authorized by the Customer;
- the Customer’s failure to provide adequate facilities, including but not limited to a lack of lighting, a lack of elevators, obstructive facilities or walkways including protruding walls or ceilings or sharp items, slippery surfaces or spills, oversized items in relation to undersized facilities provided by the Customer;
- all damage to any the following:
- any item for which the Customer has specifically waived the Company’s liability;
- any item which was not in the Company’s immediate care, custody, or control;
- any contents of any boxes, bags, or other such containers, which are packed by the Customer;
- to any item which was not properly prepared by the Customer prior to the Job;
- any item, furniture, or equipment moved full with contents therein;
- any item or furniture with an inherent weakness, such as those already damaged or defective, or having underwent prior repairs;
- any furniture, item, or material which is weak due to its nature, usage, wear, or age;
- any furniture or items of unique or fragile nature, such as glass, china, mirrors, or lamps;
- any furniture or items of unique or fragile design, such glass on glass, glass on metal, glass legs, etc.;
- any furniture of unstable construction, ready-to-assemble type furniture, or furniture otherwise held together with tied joints fasteners or other defective or weak joints or connecting devices;
- any oversized furniture and items which must be maneuvered through tight passageways;
- any mechanical or electronic function of any equipment;
- any soft tile or other unusual flooring;
- any finish still wet or soft;
- any pictures or artwork;
- any live plants.
The Customer must notify the Company of any claims of damages upon completion of the Job and note it on the paperwork of the driver. If such notification is not preformed, the Customer waives its right to exercise a claim under this Agreement